Re: [exim] Adding/replacing headers with ACL warn

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding/replacing headers with ACL warn
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Matthew Newton wrote:

> Having seen and/or thought about the rather untidy methods of using an
> X-UOL-Spam-Score header, and then using the system filter or otherwise
> to rename this later, is this _actually_ the correct operation? Of
> course, if spammers knew what fake header I am using, they could get
> round this one, too.
>
> Although current operation is consistent with the spec quoted above
> (which doesn't mention this), should Exim remove the previous header and
> replace it with my new one? (I can see that for some headers, like
> Received, this would also be undesirable.)
>
> If not, can anyone suggest a good tidy workaround? Is there an ACL
> command to remove particular headers?

We had a discussion on this just over a year ago. Search the mailing list
archives for The Week Of Monday 19 January 2004. Look for the thread
titled:

Removing spamassassin headers from incoming mail

I was, and am still, using the system filter to remove headers and replace
them with my own versions. I outlined the method I use in the above
thread.

I note from later messages that you're doing something similar in a
transport.  That's the really nice thing about exim.  There's often more
than one way to do things.  It's just a matter of what works for you!
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101