Re: [exim] Adding/replacing headers with ACL warn

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding/replacing headers with ACL warn
Tony Finch wrote:

> We use an X-Cam-SpamScore header, partly because MailScanner encourages
> that kind of branding, and partly to avoid clashing with other
> SpamAssassin installations - both from the point of view of having to
> remove existing headers or to allow both our header and a user's header to
> coexist in a message. We are of course assuming that spammers won't try to
> spoof the name, but we reckon this is unlikely because we're not a very
> big target.

I think it's more correct to use X-Spam-Score-Cam, because SpamAssassin
internally strips any header beginning with X-Spam before scoring; that
way, your own headers don't end up in the bayes database. I think you
can configure SpamAssassin to strip other headers, though.

I'm using X-Spam-Projectile for my report header, and I don't bother
stripping headers added by upstream MTAs -- it's kind of interesting
sometimes to see how different SpamAssassin installations have scored
the same mail.

- Marc