Re: [exim] Separate spool directories

Author: Tore Anderson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Separate spool directories
* Philip Hazel

> Or are we talking about a sub-spool for just the "input" directory? I think
> perhaps we are. So this isn't about spool_directory at all, its about
> providing a parameter for "input". In some ways, that might be easier.

Narrowing it down like that would certainly fullfill all my needs.

* Philip Hazel (from another subthread)

> It's plausible, but I think thought would have to be applied to the
> other cases, such as manual prodding of a message. If you want to
> "deliver 1Crkvw-00017U-5M" say, are you going to require the sysadmin to
> have to find out where that particular message is stored? Personally, I
> don't think I'd like to release a system of that type. However, I guess
> in the case where we are just talking about varying "input", Exim could
> search all of them, as it does for split_spool_directory.

I'd be happy to provide a explicit directory for all queue administration
commands, queue runners, et cetera - as opposed to now, it would at least
be possible to solve my problem. I do however understand fully that
you're reluctant to implement and release a halfway solution, especially
if you're not sure if that halfway solution are indeed half the way to
where you want to end up when you're done.

> I will put something on the WishList so that it isn't forgotten.

Thank you! :-)

Kind regards,
--
Tore Anderson