Re: [exim] Separate spool directories

Author: Jim Roberts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Separate spool directories
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tore Anderson" <tore@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 7:04 AM

>* Philip Hazel
> > The usual workaround is to shunt off messages that cannot be
> > delivered quickly onto a "backup queueing host".
>
>* Tore
> Yeah. Expensive though, and IMHO it really shouldn't be necessary.

Errr... Can you compile a second instance of Exim on the same machine,
setup for a different queue (spool_directory), and set it listening on an
unused port, and also launch queue-runners for that one, too? (They could
even run at different intervals than the main queue-runners). Then, when
you get a message you would prefer to be put on the alternate queue, simply
route it to the other Exim instance, and have that one configured with
queue_only.

I also read someplace of a way to run multiple instances of Linux
(completely separate) on the same machine, as if it were two different
machines. Google for it. I have no clue what it was called. Sorry. But
if you did that, you could easily run multiple copies of Exim with
completely separate queues, on the same box.

Just brainstorming...

Best wishes,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.