Re: [exim] option "envelope_to_remove" unknown

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users, Marten Lehmann
Subject: Re: [exim] option "envelope_to_remove" unknown
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> I've been bitten by similar mis-reads of the manual in the past. It might
> help if each option had a "Section: Main" in the doc header (along with "Type:
> " and "Default: "). It's redundant when you're reading the entire chapter,
> but generally speaking when I'm reading an option's docs, I got there by
> jumping into the middle of a chapter via the index, so I have to scroll up to
> the top of the page to figure out where the option goes.

That's a good point. I tend to forget about people dipping into the
online documentation, because I'm always working from a printed copy,
which has the chapter identification at the bottom of each page.

I'm currently working on the next edition of the manual. I'll see
whether it looks good/right/sensible to do what you suggest. Thanks for
the idea.