Re: [exim] Exiscan-ACL, SpamAssassin, Subject header

Author: Oliver Egginger
To: Jeremy Beaty
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exiscan-ACL, SpamAssassin, Subject header
> Is there a way to re-write the Subject header in the ACL or would I
> need to do it in a router or transport?

You will need a transport filter for doing this.

> Would I be better off configuring SpamAssassin to rewrite the Subject
> header or would that interfere with the ACL?

In this case set up spamassassin to run _after_ the message is accepted.
Exiscan is useful if you like to reject spam messages during smtp time.

> so that I can scan messages for viruses and spam in the data ACL so
> that the bad messages can be rejected

Fine, but if you have rejected a message it would be completly useless
to change additionally the content of this message. This would not have
any effect.

> it is only adding another Subject header.

Yes, "warn message = ..." adds a header line. Use transport filters to
change the content of a message.

- oliver