Re: [exim] Exiscan-ACL, SpamAssassin, Subject header

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Oliver Egginger
CC: exim-users, Jeremy Beaty
Subject: Re: [exim] Exiscan-ACL, SpamAssassin, Subject header
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> > Is there a way to re-write the Subject header in the ACL or would I
> > need to do it in a router or transport?
>
> You will need a transport filter for doing this.

Not necessarily. You can do it in a router or a transport, using both
"headers_remove" and "headers_add". Somewhat surprisingly, perhaps,

headers_add = Subject: old subject was $h_subject:
headers_remove = Subject

works like that. It doesn't matter how you write it.

headers_remove = Subject
headers_add = Subject: old subject was $h_subject:

is exactly the same. (Read the description in the manual: in fact, I've
just been trying to re-write it to be clearer.)