Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users, Walt Reed
Subject: Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Philip, would you consider a wishlist to add something like "defer = fail" to
> the warn ACL statement, to cause it to consider a defer as a failure instead
> of a (pseudo-)success?

Do you mean a hard failure? Reject the message? I'm not sure that is
sensible. You'd start rejecting things when a nameserver went offline for
a short time, or a network connection got chopped.

In any case, can't you achieve this particular result using "require"?

require condition = ${if eq{$host_lookup_failed}{0}{1}{0}}

(In the forthcoming release, that can be neater:

require condition = ${if eq{$host_lookup_failed}{0}}
)

Or have I misunderstood?