Re: [exim] Mail delivery to full mailbox

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [exim] Virus scanning of mailboxes
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Mail delivery to full mailbox
On 6 Jan 2005, Zbynek Houska wrote:

> I wonder how to set up exim to refuse to deliver to full mailbox?
> Instead of queuing it in spool rather send it to /dev/null or back to
> sender (together with notice). Or better, refuse to accept mail during
> conversation with senders MTA.
>
> Is there any solution?

Have a read of this page:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/rcpt-time-quota-maildir.php

I have also written, but not yet nicely packaged nor heavily tested, a
daemon called maildir-quotad which listens on a socket and can tell Exim
if a mailbox is overquota or not, using caching in various ways to avoid
excessive disk reads. If anyone is interested they are welcome; when I've
sorted it out properly I'll put it up on the web somewhere.

Tim