[exim] Exim re-writing addresses.

Autor: Alan Smith
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Exim re-writing addresses.
Guys,

New to the list and fairly new to exim so go easy on me...... Just taken
responsibility for the mail where I work. It's currently running Exim and
some AV software on some mail relays outside the firewall which filters the
mail through to a Sun mail server inside the firewall. Exim is set up to
accept mail for 6 domains and uses the aliases file to forward on to the
relevant users.

When mail comes in to 'john@???' it gets re-written to
'john@???' and forwarded through, where server1.domain.com is
the internal mail server. This all works fine in our current mail set up,
but we have just bought a spam filter from here
'http://www.barracudanetworks.com/'. The barracuda box doesn't seem to like
the re-written addresses and just gets stuck in a loop. What I want to know
is, what type of re-write rules do I need to be looking at to get exim to
filter the mail based on the aliases file, but forward on without re-writing
addresses? If possible, can Exim filter based on the aliases file and then
just forward all mail via SMTP to a specific IP?

Regards & Thanks,

Alan Smith.