Re: [exim] Mail delivery to full mailbox

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Zbynek Houska
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Mail delivery to full mailbox
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Zbynek Houska wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I wonder how to set up exim to refuse to deliver to full mailbox?
> Instead of queuing it in spool rather send it to /dev/null or back to
> sender (together with notice). Or better, refuse to accept mail during
> conversation with senders MTA.
>
> Is there any solution?

Create a retry rule like this:

* quota

Put it before the default retry rule. Because this does not specify any
retry time for quota errors, they will be bounced immediately. Read more
detail in chapter 32 of the reference manual.

Checking at SMTP time is not possible unless you have some external
program that can tell when a given recipient address refers to a full
mailbox.