[exim] Virus scanning of mailboxes

Autor: Clive McDowell
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] Mail delivery to full mailbox
Assumpte: [exim] Virus scanning of mailboxes
Folks,

sorry this isn't strictly an MTA issue but maybe someone on the list has
looked into it. We run exim/sophie/sophos for virus checking on our mailhubs
which works well. However, users can find other ways of copying virus
infected messages into their mailboxes. I have therefore been asked to check
out virus scanning of mailboxes on our IMAP servers. Mailbox formats are
standard unix or mbx. I was initially thinking of using sophos sweep but it
doesn't appear to have the facility to demime and I'm not sure how it would
deal with various mailbox formats. If anyone has devised a method of doing
this I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast