Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email

Autor: David S. Madole
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email
> Hi All Experts & Gurus,
>
> I am running Exim 4.3.4, can some one pls advise me on how for a
> specific domain, for all outgoing messages I can append a company html
> formatted message?

You can use AlterMIME called by transport_filter in your transport. Be
aware of many limitations in AlterMIME, among which are that it can't
read from standard input the way that transport_filter requires. You can
call it from a shell script that first pipes standard input into a
temporary file. It also does not handle encoded MIME parts correctly, so
it doesn't work reliably with many mail clients, for example, because
they send as quoted-printable.

If anyone is aware of a more functional replacement for AlterMIME, I'd
appreciate knowing about it.

Also be aware that you will typically get a lot of negative responses to
asking this question, even they you may have a perfectly legitimate use
in mind. Good luck.

David