Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email

Autor: Matt
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email
David S. Madole wrote:

> > I am running Exim 4.3.4, can some one pls advise me on how for a
> > specific domain, for all outgoing messages I can append a company html
> > formatted message?

> If anyone is aware of a more functional replacement for AlterMIME, I'd
> appreciate knowing about it.

I personally use ed for this purpose. You still have to save to file, but
you do have more finite control, if required.
That is what the X-Virus-Scanned line in this email header is inserted
with. Appending to the end of a file would be even easier. If you look
hard enough, there is a base system utility for practically every purpose
:)

> Also be aware that you will typically get a lot of negative responses to
> asking this question, even they you may have a perfectly legitimate use
> in mind. Good luck.

The use is completely dependant upon personal preference. That is of no
consequence. The useless part is making the disclaimer html instead of
plaintext.

Matt