Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email
Usman Ghani wrote:

> Hi All Experts & Gurus,
>
> I am running Exim 4.3.4, can some one pls advise me on how for a
> specific domain, for all outgoing messages I can append a company
> html formatted message?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Usman

Usman,

'plaintext' corporate policy statements / disclaimers are understandable,
though seldom welcomed by recipients.

Adverts and html in general - especially if attached to a non-html body
are much less welcome. Those from the Yahooligans can add just under 1 MB
of advert with graphics to an otherwise-under 1 KB message.

Before automating such 'questionable' behaviour, may I suggest you
manually create such a message, then send it into Exim+SpamAssassin and
see how it scores.

....May not be what you want if conveying the message is important.

Be aware that some folks also apply a local stylesheet forcing white text on
white background to incoming html-formatted mail that misses the junk
filters. Cheap and cheerful 'Anti-pollution' filter.

YMMV

Bill Hacker