Re: [exim] local users delivery broken

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: . kibble .
CC: Exim-users, antony
Assumpte: Re: [exim] local users delivery broken
. kibble . wrote:
> >On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 Wakko Warner wrote: . kibble . wrote:
> >
> >It's the same thing actually. Since when is there a lowercase "@" ?
> >
> >I think what he needs to do is to split the aliases into something like
> >system aliases and domain aliases, or use lsearch*@. In the case of root,
> >he'd change it from "root: someuser" to "root@*: someuser"
> >

> I see what you are saying. There is no lowercase '@', it stays the same as
> '@' but it builds the string in a sense that Exim might put it together in
> a matter that Antony wanted. I was also thinking of putting the curly
> brackets around the local_part and domain too:
> data = ${lookup{${local_part}${lc:@}${domain}}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
>
> But as you said, he may just need to split the aliases or change the file
> slightly to make it do what he wanted. I was just throwing idea's into the
> wind...

Here's what I have in my exim.conf for that:
Domain aliases:
data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/domains}}

System aliases:
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim4/aliases}}

Works very well, I've had that since day 1 of exim 4.