Re: [exim] local users delivery broken

Autor: . kibble .
A: wakko
CC: Exim-users, antony
Assumpte: Re: [exim] local users delivery broken
>On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 Wakko Warner wrote: . kibble . wrote:
> > >On: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > >
> > > data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> > >

> > Try this:
> > data = ${lookup{$local_part${lc:@}$domain}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> >
> > It may not work, it might, and I'm not sure if it is the best thing to
>use,
> > but see what it does for you? Just an idea...
>
>It's the same thing actually. Since when is there a lowercase "@" ?
>
>I think what he needs to do is to split the aliases into something like
>system aliases and domain aliases, or use lsearch*@. In the case of root,
>he'd change it from "root: someuser" to "root@*: someuser"

I see what you are saying. There is no lowercase '@', it stays the same as
'@' but it builds the string in a sense that Exim might put it together in a
matter that Antony wanted. I was also thinking of putting the curly brackets
around the local_part and domain too:
data = ${lookup{${local_part}${lc:@}${domain}}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}

But as you said, he may just need to split the aliases or change the file
slightly to make it do what he wanted. I was just throwing idea's into the
wind...

Cheers, kibble.