[exim] New Snapshot - Includes Exiscan - Testers Wanted

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] New Snapshot - Includes Exiscan - Testers Wanted
Here is a Christmas present for keen Exim users:

I have just put a new Exim snapshot in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz.sig

This contains "candidate code" for the 4.50 release (it calls itself
4.45). In particular, it contains integrated Exiscan code. You no longer
need the patch! Many thanks to Tom Kistner for carrying out the merge.
You need to set things in your Local/Makefile to get the Exiscan
functionality compiled, however. It is not the default. Read the
comments in src/EDITME.

See doc/NewStuff for other new functionality and doc/ChangeLog for other
changes. The only changes to the code between now and the 4.50 release
will be bug fixes.

I would be grateful if lots of people could do lots of testing on this
code, as there has been so much change. You have a few weeks - after the
break I will start work on updating the reference manual, and the 4.50
release will happen once that is done. It will only happen in January if
I finish in the first 3 weeks because I'm going away for 2.5 weeks on
the 28th. I suspect it is more likely to be towards the end of February
after I get back.

Happy Christmas!