Re: [exim] New Snapshot - Includes Exiscan - Testers Wanted

Autor: Sam Michaels
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] New Snapshot - Includes Exiscan - Testers Wanted
> This contains "candidate code" for the 4.50 release (it calls itself
> 4.45). In particular, it contains integrated Exiscan code. You no longer
> need the patch! Many thanks to Tom Kistner for carrying out the merge.
> You need to set things in your Local/Makefile to get the Exiscan
> functionality compiled, however. It is not the default. Read the
> comments in src/EDITME.

4.43+exiscan wouldn't compile for the life of me...I had to start
manually linking the files in ./build-Linux-i386 and it still
bombed...so I gave the snapshot a try.

All I did was install fresh copies of libspf2/libsrs_alt (it couldn't
find the libraries once compiled, so I had to link a copy in /lib to
/usr/local/lib), add in the built-in exiscan features in the
Makefile/conf, and it worked like a charm. In fact, it was one of the
easiest compiles of Exim yet, however, it did present a warning on
almost every file it compiled:

In file included from spam.c:12:
exim.h:391: warning: `WITH_CONTENT_SCAN' redefined
config.h:114: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Both the demime and content scan are set to yes in the Makefile.

Binary works fine and the integrated exiscan is doing its thing.

Cheers.

Sam