[exim] Re: smtp_active_hostname

Autor: Michael F. Sprague
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: smtp_active_hostname
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Michael F. Sprague wrote:
>
> > I also have a custom smtp_banner setup. My question is, how can I use the
> > value of smtp_active_hostname in smtp_banner (as the docs suggest)?
>
> > If I put $smtp_active_hostname where I would usually put
> > $primary_hostname I get a panic.
>
> That is because there is no variable called $smtp_active_hostname. All
> variables are listed in 11.8.

I see, I was just assuming it would act as a variable as well. I should have
checked 11.8 first. Thanks for the heads up.

> > Any suggestions?
>
> You replace $primary_hostname in your banner with a copy of whatever you
> set smtp_active_hostname to.
>
> Meanwhile, I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a variable
> called smtp_active_hostname, so I'll think about adding it.

Fantastic! I saw your other post on this and thanks for adding it in the next
release. :)

mikeS

--
Michael Sprague  | mfs@???
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), LLC