Re: [exim] smtp_active_hostname

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Michael F. Sprague
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smtp_active_hostname
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Michael F. Sprague wrote:

> I also have a custom smtp_banner setup. My question is, how can I use the
> value of smtp_active_hostname in smtp_banner (as the docs suggest)?

> If I put $smtp_active_hostname where I would usually put
> $primary_hostname I get a panic.

That is because there is no variable called $smtp_active_hostname. All
variables are listed in 11.8.

> Any suggestions?

You replace $primary_hostname in your banner with a copy of whatever you
set smtp_active_hostname to.

Meanwhile, I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a variable
called smtp_active_hostname, so I'll think about adding it.