Re: [exim] SMTP Authentication out of the box

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Tommy Butler
CC: exim-users, Alec Edworthy, Ron McKeating, isss
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP Authentication out of the box
Tommy Butler wrote:

> So how about adding this to the docs? In fact, why the @#&$! not? The
> docs are so unhelpful at the present. That's my opinion anyway. I've
> only had success in working with exim due to the support of others in
> the community or howto's I found online. The docs offered me no help at
> all. To be frank, they could well have been non-existent for all the
> help they offered.

The exim docs are real docs. Other OSS project docs are usually a small
bundle of cooking recipes. They give you an initial good feeling but if
you want to go beyond their scope you are left alone.

Exim is the king of features. There is nothing which is not documented.
I agree the learning curve is steep, but it pays off to really READ the
docs from the start instead of searching for some ingredients ... :)

/tom