Re: [exim] Multiple MySQL db

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple MySQL db
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:17:05 +1100, Andrew <andrew@???> wrote:
> I think this goes beyond the responsibility of exim -
>
> Why not just setup a Mysql cluster (see the clustering section on the
> mysql website - and i'm not talking about normal replication)...?
>
> This way you will have a speed improvement for select queries done on
> all databases, and an improved redundancy :) :)

I agree there are better ways of achieving high availability (although
there probably were not when this code first went into Exim) - I've
never come across a need for the intended/documented use of multiple
servers feature, but as discussed here it is useful for simplistic
(and not necessarily efficient) access to databases on separate
servers.

Peter