Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8

Author: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Eric S. Raymond, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8
On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 09:18 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > 1. Are there Fedora Core 3 RPMs for exim? I've had a bit set to switch away
> > from sendmail for a while.
>
> Nigel Metheringham used to make RPMs; I'm not sure what the state of
> those is now. He sees this mailing list, so may repond. Nigel? I have
> to confess that I leave all that packaging stuff to other people; I just
> play with the base code. :-)

Red Hat produce Fedora 2 and 3 RPMs as part of the main Fedora
distribution.

Tim Jackson produces RPMs for some earlier/other RH/Fedora versions. I
don't actually need to build my own RPMs any more since I don't have any
older RH boxes that need exim support so I stopped producing them
myself. Tim's are on ftp.exim.org/pub/rpm-for-exim/ - which is where
the ones I used to produce were dropped.

> > 2. Does exim have integral SPF support yet?

I understand the exiscan extension includes SPF. The Fedora RPMs are
built with exiscan, although I don't know if SPF is configured in (or
even if it needs build time configuring in). As I am another SPF
sceptic I haven't followed this up.

[A nitpick - this is actually the wrong mailing list for this sort of
thing - exim-dev is probably misnamed, since its intended to manage the
development process as we transition from a Cambridge Cathedral to
something more Bizarre. exim-users would actually be the right list].

    Nigel.