Re: [exim] Re: Enhancing Seive definitions in the Exim envir…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Re: Enhancing Seive definitions in the Exim environment
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Michael Haardt wrote:

> > >o fileinto "inbox"
>
> > If fileinto is followed by the name of a router or transport then it
> > branches to that router or transport. If followed by the name of a file
> > then it delivers to the file. Think beyond the concept of files as
> > destinations. To the the destination is anything that can take a message.
>
> Filters pass back addresses (because they are part of redirect routers).
> I don't know if filters could attach hints which router to use for a
> particular address. See below for that.

Filters are things that ordinary users write. Ordinary users do not know
about the Exim configuration and routers. I do not think it is sensible
for filters to be able to do something like this. (There are possible
indirect means: pass back a special address that the next router
detects, for example.)

> You are asking for a Sieve extension, like "vnd.exim.route", and a new
> flag to allow or forbid this, because giving users control over routing
> may be dangerous. You need to extend Exim with an af_route flag, see
> around line 472 in structs.h. I don't know how easy or hard it is to
> process this flag in Exim, but Philip can probably tell.

I haven't looked at the technical point, because I don't think this is
a good idea because it crosses the user-sysadmin boundary.