Re: [exim] Re: Enhancing Seive definitions in the Exim envir…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Haardt
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Re: Enhancing Seive definitions in the Exim environment
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:32:41PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Filters are things that ordinary users write. Ordinary users do not know
> about the Exim configuration and routers. I do not think it is sensible
> for filters to be able to do something like this. (There are possible
> indirect means: pass back a special address that the next router
> detects, for example.)

I agree entirely. If you build a system where users have no access to
Sieve scripts, you could of course think of them as some kind of system
filter, just not on the front, but on the back of the system.

> > You are asking for a Sieve extension, like "vnd.exim.route", and a new
> > flag to allow or forbid this, because giving users control over routing
> > may be dangerous. You need to extend Exim with an af_route flag, see
> > around line 472 in structs.h. I don't know how easy or hard it is to
> > process this flag in Exim, but Philip can probably tell.
>
> I haven't looked at the technical point, because I don't think this is
> a good idea because it crosses the user-sysadmin boundary.

It just comes to my mind, that current Exim releases offer MIME-decoded
headers in variables. If complex routing decisions are to be made, generic
router conditions may be used, too. I don't think Sieve can do anything
that Exim conditions can't. If required, you could probably even take
them from external files.

Michael