Re: [exim] Feature or Solution needed - forwarding verify re…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc Perkel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Feature or Solution needed - forwarding verify requests

Peter Bowyer wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:37:42 -0700, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>

>>ok - I do front end spam and virus filtering with exim. I have no access
>>to most of the servers I process for. But - I want to be able to verify
>>recipients for these remote users.
>>

>Not sure what the problem is - if you set 'verify=recipient/callout'
>in a rcpt acl (possibly with some extra options depending exactly what
>behaviour you want), your manualroute router will be called for the
>verification, calling out to the correct server.
>

>>What I need is for my server to "pass on" the verify to the target
>>server (returning verify if the server deferes or times out) so that I
>>can let the sender know if the account exists remotely.
>>

>That's exactly what will happen.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but that's not happening for me. I'm
running from the command line:

exim -d -bv local@???

and it's going to the correct manual router - but it's not causing the
callout to the other server to see if the other server can verify it.

--------> process_and_forward_vdomains router <--------
local_part=marc domain=perkel.com
checking domains
cached yes match for +virtual_local_domains
cached lookup data =
perkel.com in "+virtual_local_domains"? yes (matched
"+virtual_local_domains" - cached)
checking require_files
file check: !/vhome/ctyme.com
expanded file: /vhome/ctyme.com
stat() yielded -1
errno = 2
calling process_and_forward_vdomains router
process_and_forward_vdomains router called for marc@???
domain = perkel.com
route_item = * darwinremoteip
perkel.com in "*"? yes (matched "*")
original list of hosts = "darwinremoteip" options =
expanded list of hosts = "darwinremoteip" options =
set transport remote_smtp
finding IP address for darwinremoteip
doing DNS lookup
DNS lookup of darwinremoteip (A) gave HOST_NOT_FOUND
returning DNS_NOMATCH
DNS lookup failed: trying getipnodebyname
fully qualified name = darwinremoteip
gethostbyname looked up these IP addresses:
name=darwinremoteip address=192.168.3.3
queued for remote_smtp transport: local_part = marc
domain = perkel.com
errors_to=NULL
domain_data= localpart_data=NULL
routed by process_and_forward_vdomains router
envelope to: marc@???
transport: remote_smtp
host darwinremoteip [192.168.3.3]
marc@???
router = process_and_forward_vdomains, transport = remote_smtp
host darwinremoteip [192.168.3.3]
search_tidyup called

It never actually checks the other server at the other end of the manual
route if the user exists.