Re: [exim] Feature or Solution needed - forwarding verify re…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Bowyer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Feature or Solution needed - forwarding verify requests
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:27:33 -0700, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:37:42 -0700, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> >

> >>ok - I do front end spam and virus filtering with exim. I have no access
> >>to most of the servers I process for. But - I want to be able to verify
> >>recipients for these remote users.
> >>

> >Not sure what the problem is - if you set 'verify=recipient/callout'
> >in a rcpt acl (possibly with some extra options depending exactly what
> >behaviour you want), your manualroute router will be called for the
> >verification, calling out to the correct server.
> >

> >>What I need is for my server to "pass on" the verify to the target
> >>server (returning verify if the server deferes or times out) so that I
> >>can let the sender know if the account exists remotely.
> >>

> >That's exactly what will happen.
> >

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong but that's not happening for me. I'm
> running from the command line:
>
> exim -d -bv local@???
>
> and it's going to the correct manual router - but it's not causing the
> callout to the other server to see if the other server can verify it.

OK, you need to understand the different debug modes. The only way to
debug an ACL (which is what you're doing) is with exim -bh. All -bv
does is verify how the mail would be routed once it has been accepted.

And if you want exim to perform (rather than simulate) the callouts,
you need exim -bhc. Like I said in my last mail.

Peter