Re: [exim] ACL for some bounce msgs

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL for some bounce msgs
Hi R.B., on Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:33:26 +0200 you wrote:

[ http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf ]

> i've read the few lines of docs but i've not understood what i have to
> specify in exim4.conf

You don't *have* to specify anything; it should work OK "as is", though a
few rules won't trigger unless you either add two lines to an ACL or
create a SpamAssassin rule "__REPORT_DSN 1" in SA's local.cf.

> # However, if you are scanning at SMTP
> # time, and your MTA hasn't at that time inserted the Return-Path header
> # (e.g. Exim/Exiscan), or an X-Envelope-From header (which I am told is
> # added by amavisd-new), we can't necessarily tell that it is a bounce,
> # so in that case you need to either get your MTA to add a header
> # the bounce checking....

Did you read on?

"
# To disable bounce-checking, put this in your local.cf:
# meta __REPORT_DSN 1
#
# You can add an X-Is-A-Bounce header with Exim 4 using the following rule
# in your RCPT ACL:
#
# warn message = X-Is-A-Bounce: 1
#      senders = :
"

The last two lines specify what you need to put somewhere in your RCPT
ACL.

If you're still having difficulty, e-mail me offlist.

Tim