Re: [exim] ACL for some bounce msgs

Author: Dennis Davis
To: R.B.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL for some bounce msgs
>Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:33:36 +0200
>To: exim-users@???
>From: "R.B. (Rick)" <black.hawk@???>
>Subject: [exim] ACL for some bounce msgs
>
>my problem now is block those bounce messages coming from mailing
>system that catch emails with virus that have forged sender... in
>this way my users get a virus notify and every time call me worried
>about that...arg
>
>what do you think abount create an ACL to block msgs wit the
>sender <> and that contains the word virus in subject or in the
>body? Should work?
>
>Any better solution?

As an alternative, you might consider using exim + exiscan
+ SpamAssassin. Make sure you use Tim Jackson's excellent
bogus-virus-warnings.cf SpamAssassin rules file. This is available
from:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf

and will flag virtually all these bogus reports as spam. For
example here's what it produced for a recent MailScanner report: