Re: [exim] Setting vacation without shell access

Author: Mike Richardson
To: Simon Alman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Setting vacation without shell access
> thing. My second thought was that maybe someone has coded a webpage
> version along the same idea.

A quick google shows that various Universities (Sussex, Reading, Oxford
and Cambridge at least) all have a web based vac message (amongst other
things) system. I'd like to think that at least one of them would be good
enough to let you have the source code if you asked nicely.

In fact Cambridge's is available for download:
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/prayer
but I believe that Prayer is a fully featured IMAP web client so you
might have to strip it down a bit.

I believe that most of the relevant mail admins are on this list as well.

I vaguely remember trying something like this myself a while back with
virtual users in a mysql database and it wasn't too difficult to write
a web page which authenticates against Mysql and can set the appropriate
values. Configuring exim to spot if there was an entry in the DB for a
vacation message wasn't too bad either.

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2004       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing