Re: [exim] Launching spfd

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Launching spfd
On 9/1/2004 18:54, "Doug Jolley" <d2jcell@???> wrote:

> (To the extent that it does
> any good, I want to be sure spammers get my
> rejection messages so that they know I have
> rejected them.)

At least 95% of spammers won't notice. They just "fire and forget". But
it's good to be nice to the other 5%.

I don't know exiscan, so I can't comment on which commands it will add to
which ACL.

Note that the new combined Caller-ID/SPF framework will need to have things
happen at DATA time since the Resent-*: header series needs to be consulted.
But SPF-1 doesn't need that (it counts on a convoluted forwarding mechanism
which was not likely to be widely enough implemented).

--John