Re: [exim] Launching spfd

Author: Doug Jolley
To: mike, lionux, david
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Launching spfd
Hi --

I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my
post
to the Exim mailing list in subject thread.

I think you guys have a point regarding the use
of
exiscan. I wanted to go ahead and finish up what
I had started using spfd just for the experience.
I now have that working.

If I understand exiscan correctly, it appears
that I wouldn't need spfd and I assume that would
also mean that I could avoid having to have all
of those nasty Perl libraries and (if I wanted
to)
I could even do without Perl.

One thing that concerned me was that apparently
exiscan is designed to be used with the
acl_smtp_data ACL where as my current lasup
uses acl_smtp_rcpt. I assume that's because
exiscan wants to scan the text of the message.
The Exim documentation seems to suggest sticking
with the acl_smtp_rcpt wherever possible. I'm
wondering if I should be concerned about the
switch in ACLs. (To the extent that it does
any good, I want to be sure spammers get my
rejection messages so that they know I have
rejected them.)

Thanks again for all the help.

     ... doug