Re: [Exim] domino to exim 3.36

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: akhtar.asghar
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] domino to exim 3.36
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 14:27, akhtar.asghar@??? wrote:
> When I disable my outbound SMTP SIZE (using lotus domino) command
> extension the mail is allowed thru. Later versions of EXIM seem ok when
> sending mail with the domino size extension enabled.

Working from your log, which I am assuming is complete, you issue a
STARTTLS, get a 220, presumably negotiate a TLS session, at which
point:-
Upon completion of the TLS handshake, the SMTP protocol is reset to
the initial state (the state in SMTP after a server issues a 220
service ready greeting). The server MUST discard any knowledge
obtained from the client, such as the argument to the EHLO command,
which was not obtained from the TLS negotiation itself. The client
MUST discard any knowledge obtained from the server, such as the list
of SMTP service extensions, which was not obtained from the TLS
negotiation itself. The client SHOULD send an EHLO command as the
first command after a successful TLS negotiation.

[5.2 Result of the STARTTLS Command - RFC2487]

Your session does not show a second EHLO command, so the receiving
server would be quite entitled to refuse ESMTP commands. The problem is
though that the log appears to be incomplete because other
implementations may well tell you to go away if there is no HELO/EHLO
within the TLS session.

Can you check if your domino box sends the EHLO there and what response
it gets?

    Nigel.