Re: [Exim] domino to exim 3.36

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] domino to exim 3.36
[Please keep the discussion on-list - thanks]

akhtar.asghar@??? said:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> The exim servers in question do not belong to me but to wilkinsons.co.uk &
> charterhouseuk.com.
>
> My users have relayed the message on to them that their systems need
> updating to the latest version of exim.Their argument is that they do
> not have any problems with any other mail server apart from ours.
>
> Is there any way of pointing them in the right direction, without me
> having to enable/disable the outbound size extension each time one of my
> (frustrated) users
> sends them an email. Thanks.

As I said before, there's little support resource around for Exim 3. It
may be a known bug (although I couldn't find a reference to it with a
brief Google search), but whether it is or not, it won't get fixed for
Exim 3.

They could change the SMTP banner with which their server announces its
ESMTP support (smtp_banner) - if it doesn't say 'ESMTP' then your domino
server shouldn't EHLO and shouldn't use the SIZE extension. The docs say
it's an expanded string, so they could perhaps do it just for connections
from your server ... something like

smtp_banner = ${if eq {$sender_host_address} {your_ip} {Exim SMTP blah}
{Exim ESMTP blah}}

Very untested.... haven't got an Exim 3 system to test it on....

Peter