Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction te…

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction techniques
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, warren, anthony wrote:

> My organisation is concerned with the risk of false positives.

You need to define "false positive" more clearly. Consider:

Remote sender A wants to send a mail to our recipient B. Our
recipient B wants to receive mail from sender A. But the mail is
broken in some material sense (e.g it contains a broken MIME
container; a syntax error in a CC: header; whatever), and we reject
it.

From the standpoint of A and B, that was a false positive. From a
mail admin point of view, it was an accurate diagnosis of a broken
mail.

all the best