Re: [Exim] How To Run Command Line Options

Author: Philip Hazel
To: lloyd_tennison
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How To Run Command Line Options
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Lloyd F. Tennison wrote:

> I cannot how to stop and restart exim with command line options -
> all I have used is the command "service exim |stop|start|restart."
> how would I do otherwise?

Nit pick: there is no concept of "starting exim" or "stopping exim". You
can start and stop the Exim daemon process, but that is just one
process. I presume that is what your command does. Other Exim processes
are short-lived; they are started by many means, and they exit when they
have done their job.

If this posting was in response to my earlier suggestion that you run
some debugging tests, note that you can send a single message with
debugging turned on by a command such as

exim -d someone@???
the text of the message
.

Provided that you are an Exim admin user (necessary in order to enable
debugging). This does not have to involve the daemon at all.