[Exim] Re: Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction te…

Author: cjackson
To: warren, anthony
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction techniques
warren, anthony writes:

> Hi all,

> Do you bounce SPAM or simply tag it and let the user delete the messages?
>
> Is SpamAssasin considered the best method? Or are there other good methods?
>
> Help greatly appreciated!

I have used this combination successfully with Exim/Exiscan:
1, greylist
2, recipient checking using ldap
3, Spamassassin regex only filter -L, and add header if spam
4, DSPAM, add header if spam
5, tagged spam is sent to imap accounts which users can log in to and take
care of the spam any way they see fit, incl. the sa-learn-unlearn and dspam
learn-unlearn scripts.

That's the road map. There are lots of how-tos out there.

Good luck
CJ