Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim

Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
A: Peter Evans
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim
On tor, 2004-07-29 at 09:33 +0900, Peter Evans wrote:
>     Please kids, less of the drooling linux advocacy, that belongs
>     in kindergarten. Exim is an MTA, it works on pretty much every
>     flavour of UNIX out there. If your TOASTER ran UNIX, it would
>     work there.[1]

>     If you know solaris and like a serial console that works, use a sun,

I'd add: if NFS is involved in your solution, use Solaris. I'm afraid
Linux' NFS has never been very stable. "it mostly works", whereas
Solaris is rock stable. (caveat: I don't have any experience with Linux
2.6.)

we're using Exim on both Linux and Solaris, these are probably the two
most used OSes with Exim, so they are both very well tested and Exim
runs without a hitch on either of them.

>     if you know toastix and like your toast an even shade of brown with
>     EHLO KITTY imprinted in the sides, then use a EHLO KITTY TOASTER[2].

> [2] Do not assume that this is a joke.
>
>     http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sanriostore/09995.html

oooh, I want one :-)

--