Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
CC: Peter Evans, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim
Quoth Kjetil Torgrim Homme on Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:44:57 +0200
> I'd add: if NFS is involved in your solution, use Solaris. I'm afraid
> Linux' NFS has never been very stable. "it mostly works", whereas
> Solaris is rock stable. (caveat: I don't have any experience with Linux
> 2.6.)

I don't agree here. We used Linux + NetApp and NFS for years and it
was rock solid with 3 million customers.

I used Exim on Solaris, Linux and FreeBSD and I have not seen any major
differences in performances. It's all down to Exim's bottle neck: its
disk IO.

Hence my comment on using whichever OS that your admins are familiar
with.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318