Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim

Autor: Peter Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim

Walt Reed (exim@???) wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 12:32:36PM +0100, Jeyanolipavan, Raviraj said:
> > Currently we are using 3 SUN Ultra10's.
> > Which are heavily loaded, as our mails filtered through Message labs,
> > which only send mail to one Hub? With one fallback

> In any case, you need to find exactly where your performance issues are.
> Are they disk, memory, CPU, etc... Spend your money on the part that is
> the problem now.

    U10's are IDE and I think its PIO mode too, the disks are very ...
    sedate. You can put a fire breathing 80gb drive in there and it will
    make NO difference.

    I believe messagelabs sends to an MX (anything else would be silly) so
    just put all your MX's at the same value and see what happens.

    Please kids, less of the drooling linux advocacy, that belongs
    in kindergarten. Exim is an MTA, it works on pretty much every
    flavour of UNIX out there. If your TOASTER ran UNIX, it would
    work there.[1]

    If you know solaris and like a serial console that works, use a sun,
    if you know toastix and like your toast an even shade of brown with
    EHLO KITTY imprinted in the sides, then use a EHLO KITTY TOASTER[2].

    Either way, I do not recommend installing LINUX on a toaster if you've
    never used it. Stick to what you're happiest with.

[1] TOASTIX is of course POSIX and WHOLEMEALIX compliant. Comes with SMP for up
    to FOUR pieces of toast in the standard edition and CONTINUOUS MULTIPROCESSING
    in the enterprise or school dinner edition.

[2] Do not assume that this is a joke.

    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sanriostore/09995.html

    The weak hearted or those with diabetes should NOT look at the above URL.