[Exim] lsearch vs. plain filename

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: Exim-Users
Subject: [Exim] lsearch vs. plain filename
Hej,

I'm currently replacing lsearch lookups in my exim configs by plain
filenames.

Like this:

| deny message = Administrative prohibition
|      senders = lsearch;/etc/shared/exim/config/reject_sender

becomes:

| deny message = Administrative prohibition
|     senders = /etc/shared/exim/config/reject_sender

Are there any advantages/disadvantages of these two strategies? I'm
mainly thinking of lookup-caching (which is not decisive in this case,
because the lookup is done only once) and file-handle-caching (or so)
and that stuff. Am I hitting a performace pit, maybe?
I'm aware of the different syntax of the files, which actually is the
reason for me to switch.

TIA,
daniel