Re: [Exim] Remove sender from group expansion alias

Author: David S. Madole
To: Nigel Wade, Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Remove sender from group expansion alias
> From: "Nigel Wade" <nmw@???>
>
> I am trying to tidy up a minor annoyance I have in my Exim setup. But so

far
> I've not been able to find any solution to the problem. I currently do

group
> expansion in aliases using an LDAP lookup in a redirect router. The lookup
> is done using the data option, and returns a list of mail address which

are
> then redirected.
>
> Currently, if the sender is a member of the group, they receive a copy of
> the message they sent. I'd like to be able to change this, and remove the
> sender from the expanded list. Is there any way to do this within the
> redirect router?

I don't think there's an easy way to remove the sender from the list, but
you could suppress the delivery.

See the message below I sent a few days ago on the list on the same topic.

Simon did send me a reply that this approach worked for him.

David

-----

eq{$original_local_part@$original_domain}{$local_part@$domain}{false}{true}}
> }{false}}
> data = :blackhole:
>
> This is totally untested, you might need to tweak the brackets, and it

might
> not do what you want at all. Just an idea.
>
> Basically, if the sender and recipient are the same address and the

address