Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question
On 7/15/2004 19:37, "Michael F. Sprague" <mfs@???> wrote:

> Fred Viles <fv+exim@???> wrote:
>> On 15 Jul 2004 at 22:18, Michael F. Sprague wrote about
>>     "Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question":

>> Doh! Because I'm also missing the obvious!

>> | I'm going to continue playing with this, but I just cannot 'see' any syntax
>> | error. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> The {1}{0} alternatives are part of if, not eq. They should not be
>> inside the {eq ...} conditions:
>>
>> condition = ${if or {\
>>                      {eq {$acl_m0}\
>>                          {${lookup{$domain}dbm{RELAYTODB}}}}\
>>                      {eq {$acl_m0}\
>>                          {${lookup{$domain}dbm{LOCALDB}}}}\
>>                     }\
>>                 {1}{0}\
>>               }

>> - Fred
>
> Ahhhh! I see my mistake. Thank you mucho for pointing out the obvious; that
> fixed it!!!

I've wasted lots of time on that same issue (my most recent--and I hope
last--case happened to be an and). It's one of those things which is fairly
obvious after one sees it, and VERY hard to see under pressure.

Fred beat me to the answer here.

Philip, perhaps another sentence in the introductory part of manual 11.7
(that's the 4.30 manual numbering) would help. Or a note with each example.

--John