Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question
On 16 Jul 2004 at 10:09, John W. Baxter wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question":

| > Fred Viles <fv+exim@???> wrote:
| >> On 15 Jul 2004 at 22:18, Michael F. Sprague wrote about
| >>     "Re: [Exim] 'or' condition question":

| >> The {1}{0} alternatives are part of if, not eq. They should not be
| >> inside the {eq ...} conditions:

| I've wasted lots of time on that same issue (my most recent--and I hope
| last--case happened to be an and). It's one of those things which is fairly
| obvious after one sees it, and VERY hard to see under pressure.

I've done it too, not that long ago, so I should have spotted it the
first time. I was counting parens over and over, instead of
rechecking the syntax of the elements I was using.

| Philip, perhaps another sentence in the introductory part of manual 11.7
| (that's the 4.30 manual numbering) would help. Or a note with each example.

When it happened to me, my thought was that the error message was
surprisingly far downstream. I would have expected a complaint
pointing to the first unexpected '{':

             ^

Something along the lines of "Missing '}' encountered at '{1}'".
With that kind of error, the problem would be much more quickly
spotted.

- Fred