Re: [Exim] Exim Switch

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: joe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim Switch
On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 13:36, joe wrote:
> I am trying to switch over from MS Exchange 2K in a not for profit
> situation for a local church and I am seeking a few answers. The current
> configuration is as present: I have Exim 3.35-1woody3 Installed on
> Kernel 2.4

You really shouldn't install an exim 3.x nowadays. It will simply cause
you future pain when you have to upgrade it. Plus no one here can
remember exim 3.x so you will get little help.

> 1) I can not seem to configure Exim to Relay internally when Exim is
> placed on the Outside.

I don't understand the problem here - is the exim box on one network, on
2, does it see the internal one as real addresses or NAT? Need more
information.

> 2) When I add a domain to relay for, *anyone* can
> relay which sets this up as a Spam box, not what I had in mind.

More explanation of the problem please. Exim v4 has much better control
here.

> 3)How
> can I further specify who the users are for the different domains. If
> you are in one domain Exim will be routing to the exchange box
> internally or the other domain that would deliver locally.

Add a router (ummm thats a director in v3).

> 4) Should I
> upgrade to Exim 4 and if I do will the configurations have to change for
> the above.

Yes, and yes, but convert4r4 does most of it.

    Nigel.