[Exim] Exim Switch

Author: joe
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim Switch
Greetings,

I am trying to switch over from MS Exchange 2K in a not for profit
situation for a local church and I am seeking a few answers. The current
configuration is as present: I have Exim 3.35-1woody3 Installed on
Kernel 2.4 and of course the Exchange 2K is on a 2K Microsoft Active
Directory with a number of users.

I need to move the Exchange box internally on the LAN and put the Exim
MTA on the outside to relay all messages to the Exchange box. Once users
are switched over to Exim, they will use an MUA of their choice, Outlook
probably, to access their email. There will be some months that some
users are on Exchange and others on Exim.

My Dilemma and Questions
I have set up two domains for this switch one for the current AD and the
other for the Exim users. Both have been set up in the DNS with MX
records which both work just fine.

1) I can not seem to configure Exim to Relay internally when Exim is
placed on the Outside. 2) When I add a domain to relay for, *anyone* can
relay which sets this up as a Spam box, not what I had in mind. 3)How
can I further specify who the users are for the different domains. If
you are in one domain Exim will be routing to the exchange box
internally or the other domain that would deliver locally. 4) Should I
upgrade to Exim 4 and if I do will the configurations have to change for
the above.

I am sure that I have left a few things out and any help is greatly
appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Regards,

Joe
qualify_domain =
# qualify_recipient =

#palm community church
local_domains = exim.pccc.org:pccc.org

# The two different alias files contain the $driver = exim.pccc.org or
pccc.org
Exim.pccc.org.aliases
    driver =aliasfile
    domains = exim.pccc.org
    file = /etc/exim.aliases
    search_type = lsearch
pccc.org.aliases
    driver =aliasfile
    domains = pccc.org
    file = /etc/exim.aliases
    search_type = lsearch

# Allow mail addressed to our hostname, or to our IP address.
local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true
# Domains we relay for; that is domains that aren't considered local but
we
# accept mail for them.
relay_domains =
#relay_domains_include_local_mx = true
never_users = root
host_lookup = *
 headers_check_syntax
 rbl_domains = rbl.mail-abuse.org/reject : dialups.mail-abuse.org/warn
host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1 : 172.16.2.7
 host_auth_accept_relay = *
trusted_users = mail
smtp_verify = true
gecos_pattern = ^([^,:]*)
gecos_name = $1
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 100
freeze_tell_mailmaster = true
received_header_text = "Received: \
         ${if def:sender_rcvhost {from ${sender_rcvhost}\n\t}\
         {${if def:sender_ident {from ${sender_ident} }}\
         ${if def:sender_helo_name {(helo=${sender_helo_name})\n\t}}}}\
         by ${primary_hostname} \
         ${if def:received_protocol {with ${received_protocol}}} \
         (Exim ${version_number} #${compile_number} (Debian))\n\t\
         id ${message_id}\
         ${if def:received_for {\n\tfor <$received_for>}}"
receiver_try_verify = true
#accept_8bitmime = true
# This will cause it to accept mail only from the local interface
#local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1
# If this next line is uncommented, any user can see the mail queue
# by using the mailq command or exim -bp.
#queue_list_requires_admin = false
#