Re: [Exim] DOS/DDOS/SPAM and exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Richard Welty
Para: Lista Exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] DOS/DDOS/SPAM and exim
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:35:08 -0300 Jose de Paula Eufr?sio Junior <jjunior@???> wrote:
> Seems like exim stays forever on a connection just giving rejects for
> the host and it eventualy eats all the connections. And that occurs from
> various hosts, dsl, dial ups, strange servers.
> I limited the max connections from IP to 3, but with no help/

in extreme circumstances, i've dropped this parameter to 1

> What strategy/configuration I can use to prevent/combat that?

see if you can find a basis for dropping any connections at connect
or helo time. for example, i drop connections from IP addresses in
the CBL or OPM dnsbls at connect time.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???