[Exim] DOS/DDOS/SPAM and exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jose de Paula Eufrásio Junior
Para: Lista Exim
Tópicos Antigos: [Exim] Problems with freeze_exec_fail and temp_errors
Assunto: [Exim] DOS/DDOS/SPAM and exim
Hello there.

Since last night my SMTP is being hammered by various connections from
spammers, trying to send messages to or through my server. Exim does a
wonderful job rejecting the spammers, but they're so many that they are
swamping the smtp server (max connections = 400) and not letting real
email get to the server.

Seems like exim stays forever on a connection just giving rejects for
the host and it eventualy eats all the connections. And that occurs from
various hosts, dsl, dial ups, strange servers.
I limited the max connections from IP to 3, but with no help/

What strategy/configuration I can use to prevent/combat that?

[]s
core

--
José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior