RE: [Exim] DOS/DDOS/SPAM and exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: jori.hamalainen
Para: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] DOS/DDOS/SPAM and exim
Hi,

depends if spammers use many source-IP addresses? You can drop those TCP-SYN packets at router/firewall/OS-kernel-firewall. But if there are too many sources that might become quite hard.

One possibility is to make reverse-dns query, if that doesn't work, don't accept connections. But this is not 100% proof.

Also if you know IP-addresses of legimate senders (like from internal network, you can use "smtp_reserve_hosts" and similar configuration options in Exim. But if kernel tables for TCP sessions are full, that might not work in every situations??

I don't know if Exim can drop connections via configuration options.. "smtp_max_unknown_commands" is for different situation.

BR, Jori